We have a range of appointments available and it may not be necessary for you to see your Doctor - it may be more appropriate for you to see a Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse.
You now have a choice of how to book a Doctor's appointment -
- Via the Receptionist by phoning 01449 678333 and hold the line. You can ring between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Via the internet by registering for an online password. You can book 24 hours per day.
A range of appointments are offered - "pre bookable" and "on the day".
We may offer
- To talk to a Doctor or Nurse on the telephone for help and advice.
- An appointment with the Doctor. Our Reception Staff are happy to advise you of your Doctor’s availability
- An appointment with our Nurse Practitioner who can deal with a range of illnesses and is able to prescribe.
- Urgent cases are seen on the day and you may be seen by your normal doctor or our Emergency Doctor.
- We offer a number of pre-bookable appointments for those patients needing to know the exact date and time of their appointment, i.e. to arrange transport.
To help us deal with your appointment request as quickly and effectively as possible, please consider the following
- Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- You can book to have a telephone consultation with a doctor. He or she will ring you at an agreed time on the telephone number you have given.
You can help us by:
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Calling for a home visit or urgent appointment before 10am
- Ringing for a repeat prescription after 11am
- Ringing for the results of tests after 11am. Reception staff will able to let you know whether the test is back but not the result.
Evening and weekends
An Out of Hours Doctor service is offered for all patients registered with our practice when our practice is closed. For urgent advice and treatment, please call the usual Surgery number and you will be given the telephone number to use.
New - Suffolk GP+: Appointments available between 6.30pm - 9.00pm Monday - Friday, and on Saturdays and Sundays. For more details ask our reception staff
Suffolk GP+ is for people who urgently need a doctor’s appointment or are unable to see their GP during normal GP hours.
Appointments can be made via Reception during our usual opening hours. Please note: patients cannot refer themselves to this service.
The service is staffed by local Suffolk GPs and Nurse Practitioners in Ipswich, Felixtowe, Stowmarket, Leiston and Wickham Market and is an NHS service delivered by the Suffolk GP Federation.
You will be given a booked appointment and will be seen by a suitable local GP or nurse who will have access to your medical records (once consent is given).
Please note that for training and quality purposes, all telephone calls will be recorded.